UNDERSTANDING THE RURAL - URBAN DIGITAL DIVIDE

This paper explains the current "digital divide" in internet use between rural and urban areas using a Logit adoption model with data collected from the August 2000 Current Population Survey. A non-linear decomposition shows that rural - urban household attribute differences account for 66 percent of the digital divide, while place based differences account for the remaining 34 percent of the divide.


Issue Date:
2002
Publication Type:
Conference Paper/ Presentation
DOI and Other Identifiers:
Record Identifier:
https://ageconsearch.umn.edu/record/19743
PURL Identifier:
http://purl.umn.edu/19743
Total Pages:
25
Series Statement:
Selected Paper




 Record created 2017-04-01, last modified 2019-08-26

Fulltext:
Download fulltext
PDF

Rate this document:

Rate this document:
1
2
3
 
(Not yet reviewed)